Whenever you visit a website from your favorite browser, some data on that website is saved in our browser. When you visit the same website in the future, this saved data will help the browser load the website faster and more efficiently. That saved data is called cookies.
Sometimes bulk data comes from various websites and it may conflict your browsing experience. When cookies are stored for a long time, they may become corrupted. To fix these type of issues, you should clear the cookies. That’s why I have written an in-depth guide about cookies and how to clear it. Let’s go.
- 1 What are Cookies?
- 2 Why Should You Clear Cookies?
- 3 Clear Cookies for One Site on Google Chrome (PC/Laptop)
- 4 Clear Cookies for One Site on Chrome Android
- 5 Clear Cookies for One Site on Firefox
- 6 Clear Cookies for One Site on Internet Explorer
What are Cookies?
Firstly, make no mistake about it, cookies are actually highly beneficial to us. They are small files of information stored on a computer. They house a small amount of data relating to a particular website. Cookies can be used to identify users and deliver customized web pages to them. Also, they can be used to save site login information.
Cookies are quite convenient to carry information from one session of a website to another. Thus, they help in reducing the burden on the server which already has quite a lot of data to handle. Normally, the cookie is destroyed when the current browsing windows doctor is closed. However, they can also be made to persist after that.
Why Should You Clear Cookies?
For all the benefits they offer, sometimes a message may pop in saying that the session has expired and user have to login again. Then you can be sure that the problem is due to the site cookies. Also, when cookies are stored long they could get corrupted. One way to combat this problem is to delete all the cookies. However, we will be dealing with this problem in a more specific manner. We will be showing you how to remove cookies from one particular website.
We can log in some sites through cookies. Yes, you can log into Netflix premium account using Netflix cookies and in the same way, you can log in to Amazon Prime, Zee5, Hotstar, Ahref, etc. So, before adding cookies to log into this type of sites, you have to clear cookies. So, let’s see how to clear cookies on Chrome, Firefox, and IE.
Clear Cookies for One Site on Google Chrome (PC/Laptop)
So, first of all, we will learn to clear cookies for one site on chrome – the most famous and user-friendly browser.
- Type or copy the following in the address bar of Google Chrome – chrome://settings/siteData or Or can you go this way – Menu -> Settings -> Advanced -> Content settings -> Cookies -> See all cookies and site data.
- Now in the text box with the magnifying glass icon, type the name of the website you want to clear the cookies.
- Click on the dustbin icon to remove the concerned cookies.
This is the more traditional method to clear cookies for one site on Google Chrome PC or laptop.
- In the address bar of Google Chrome, type in the website whose cookies you want to be removed.
- Now right click and select the “Inspect” option.
- You can see that the Chrome Developer Tools has opened next to the website. Choose “Application” from there.
- Nextly click the > button near to “Cookies”.
- Now you need to click on the domain name and then click on “Clear All” button.
- That’s it! You have successfully cleared the cookies of that particular website.
So, we have seen 2 methods to delete cookies from Google Chrome for a particular site. Yeah, I know that’s very easy steps to do so. What to do if you want to delete cookies from Chrome on your Android device? Is it possible? Of course. You can clear cookies for one site from Chrome on Android smartphone or tablet.
Clear Cookies for One Site on Chrome Android
As most Android users use chrome browser, I will show you 2 methods to clear cookies from Chrome Android.
Method 1: Clear Cookies Chrome Android
- Open Google Chrome on your Android device.
- Visit the website whose cookies you want to be removed.
- Tap on 🔒or ❗mark placed before the URL of the website.
- Now, tap on “Site Settings”.
- You will see the site URL, Usage and Permissions there.
- To remove all local data, including cookies, tap on “Trash” button. To remove all local data, including cookies, and reset all permission for that website tap on “Clear & reset” button.
- It will ask to confirm the same mentioned above. Just tap “Clear All” or “Clear & Reset” according to the option you have chosen.
- You have deleted all the data including cookies for that particular website in your chrome android browser.
Method 2: Delete Cookies Chrome Android
- Open Google Chrome browser.
- Tap on ⋮ (3 dots) at the top-right corner and tap on “Settings”.
- From Advanced, tap on “Site settings”.
- Now, tap on “All sites”. You will see the number of sites there.
- Search the website you want to clear the cookies.
- Now, tap on the website URL after getting search results.
- You will see the site URL, Usage and Permission same like we have seen in the above method.
- So, follow the same steps given in the above method to clear all the data with cookies for your selected site.
It’s very easy to delete cookies for a particular site in Chrome Android, right? Both the methods are simple and anyone can remove cookies without having any knowledge about it.
Clear Cookies for One Site on Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is also a popular browser because it is lighter than Google Chrome. You can easily run scripts on Firefox and it also uses less RAM. Let’s check out how to clear cookies for one site on Firefox.
- Copy this and paste in the address bar of Firefox – about:preferences#privacy
- Scroll down and stop at “Cookies and Site Data”.
- Click on “Manage Data…”.
- Type the name of the website whose cookies you want to get removed in the search bar.
- Select the site from the list and click on “Remove Selected”.
- Finally, click on “Save Changes” and close the dialog box.
- Go to the website whose cookies you want to be removed.
- Right-click anywhere on the page and select “Inspect Element”.
- From the Firefox developer tools, select “Storage” tab.
- Now, click on the > button before “Cookies”.
- Select the domain name that you want to clear the cookies. You can see the cookies data there.
- Right click on any of the cookies data and select “Delete All”.
- Tadah! All the cookies stored of that website are deleted now.
Clear Cookies for One Site on Internet Explorer
Who uses Internet Explorer in this era? Well, If you don’t know, then 6-7% of the total desktop users use Internet Explorer. So, for those users, the methods to remove cookies for one site on IE are given below. Right now, only IE 11 is working.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the top right-hand corner click on the “Tools” menu.
- Now click on “Internet Options”.
- Locate “Browsing history” and select “Settings” from the dialog box.
- A new dialog box will open now. Click on the “View files” option.
- A folder will be opened which contains all the cookies and cache files.
- Now find the Internet address whose cookies you want to remove.
- Right click on that Internet address and select “Delete” from the options. It will ask you to confirm that you want to delete the selected cookies? Click “Yes”.
- Voila! You have removed the cookies of that particular site.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the website that you want to delete cookies and cache.
- Launch the “Developer Tools” window by pressing F12 and move to the “Network” tab.
- Now click on the “Clear cookies” button.
- Cookies of that website removed from the local storage.
Here, the 2d method looks simpler than 1st. Therefore, I recommend using the second method. As in the 1st method, you have to find the proper file of cookies to remove it.
In this article, we have provided you all the necessary information regarding cookies and provided a step by step guide to clear them. We have shown you methods to remove cookies for one site but you can remove cookies for all sites too. But as it will clear whole cookies data from your browser, you have to login again in each site you visit after that. If you have any query regarding this then feel free to contact us or you can comment it down.