Xbox Error Codes: Ever since Bill Gates and his team unleashed the 360 back in 2005, the Xbox brand has established itself as one of the biggest names in the console gaming market. With features like Xbox Live, Kinect, and a plethora of mouth-watering exclusives like Halo and Gears of war, Microsoft has ensured premium value for your money.
Now, the Xbox one is in the market, building upon the successful foundations laid by the 360. The Xbox consoles are praised for their simple and elegant user interface, and the hardware is well-built such that it easily last an entire decade.
Compared to the hardware, the software part does get tricky occasionally. You could experience errors during system updates and while signing in to your account. Users have also complained of other sorts of Xbox error codes.
Therefore, in this article, we will be tackling some of the most commonly found errors on the Xbox along with multiple solutions that actually work.
- 1 Xbox Sign In Error
- 2 Xbox Error Code 0x87DD0006
- 3 Xbox Error Code 0x8027025A
- 4 Network settings are blocking party chat
- 5 Can’t Sign into Xbox Live 0
Xbox Sign In Error
If you are unable to sign in to your account, then there are different solutions you could try. Check out these three solutions and see what’s working for you.
Solution 1: Hard reset
- Switch off the power on your Xbox One.
- Next, unplug all the wires and cables from your Xbox One.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Now, put the cables and plugs back in place.
- Switch on your Xbox one again.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, continue with the next one.
Solution 2: Remove and add your account
- Head over to the settings panel.
- Click on the remove-accounts option.
- Select the account using which you sign in.
- After removing the account, go back to the sign-in screen.
- Now, enter your credentials and try signing in.
Solution 3: Factory reset
This is a slightly extreme method and unless you are quite desperate, we do not recommend this approach to fix Xbox sign-in error as you would lose all your data.
- Click on the home button or else tap left on the d-pad until the home menu appears.
- Choose the gear icon to launch the settings panel.
- Visit the system and choose Console Info.
- Head over to Reset console and select the Reset and remove everything option to complete the reset.
Xbox Error Code 0x87DD0006
This error commonly occurs when trying to log in to Xbox Live. This Xbox sign-in error 0x87dd0006 is the implication of the profile being corrupted. This is one of the infamous Xbox error codes that some users are still facing.
If you are getting 0x87dd0006 error, Xbox Live status will be the first thing you need to check. There may be the case that services are down. Check it from here and ensure everything is okay.
Solution 1: Restart the Xbox
- Click on the Xbox button.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Choose the Restart console option.
- Click Yes to confirm your choice.
It is also recommended to unplug the ethernet cable while rebooting as it has fixed this error for many users.
Solution 2: Ensure your billing details
Incorrect Billing information is one of the roots of this Xbox 0x87dd0006 error. Therefore, follow the steps given below to ensure your billing details.
- First, you need to sign-in to your Microsoft account.
- Head over to the Payment & billing > Billing info section.
- Tap on the Edit profile button and edit the required details.
Solution 3: Delete your account
- Tap on the Xbox button to launch the guide.
- Choose the Settings > All Settings option,
- In the account section, select the Delete Accounts option.
- Choose the corrupt account or the one that is giving you an error.
- Click on the Delete option to confirm.
Once you delete your account, you will need to add it back. Here’s how you can add a new account to Xbox.
- Navigate to sign-in tab from the left side of the home screen.
- Go to Add & manage > Add new option.
- Fill in your Microsoft account credentials and hit Enter.
Solution 4: Update your controller & console
Updating your controller may sound absurd but some of the users have successfully fixed this sign-in error by just updating the controller. On the other hand, if it doesn’t work, try updating the console as well.
How to update the Xbox controller
- Go to Menu and choose Settings.
- Move to Devices & accessories and choose the controller listed there.
- Click on Update and tap on Continue then after.
How to update the Xbox console
- Launch the guide by pressing the Xbox button.
- Navigate to Settings > All settings.
- Move to System > Updates from the set of options.
- Choose Update console to see if there’s any new update.
Solution 5: Troubleshoot Xbox 0x87dd0006
If any of the above-mentioned solutions aren’t working for you, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the error.
- Restart your modem or router to fix network configuration if any.
- If removing and signing back doesn’t work, try with a different Microsoft account.
- Sign out from every Microsoft service you might have connected your account for.
Xbox Error Code 0x8027025A
This error is usually experienced when trying to start an app or while signing in. The message displayed will be usually like
- Please try again
For some reason TV took too long to start. (0x8027025a).
Solution 1: Check service status
The first thing you should do is check the status of the Xbox Live service. This should also be the first thing you need to try to fix Xbox error codes. In case of some problem with the server, you will not be able to log in.
- Check Xbox Live Core Service.
If the status displays normal condition, all is fine. Otherwise, you have to wait until the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Retry opening the game
- Tap the Xbox button on the controller and click on the Home option.
- Select the game you are getting this error for and tap on the menu button.
- Tap on the quit option.
- Wait for like 30 seconds and launch the game again.
Solution 3: Reboot the console
Rebooting the console has solved this Xbox error 0x8027025a. All you need to press the top button of your controller for a while which will lead you to shut down. Pull out the power supply from your console and wait for around 4-5 minutes. Plug in and turn the console on.
Solution 4: Troubleshoot Xbox 0x8027025a
One of the methods that users have reported working well is to delete the game. Once you are finished, install it again on your external hard disk instead of the internal HDD. This simple hack has fixed 0x8027025a for many users. This is also an evergreen solution for Xbox error codes.
Network settings are blocking party chat
Chat feature has become the most popular one in gaming consoles. It is really useful, especially while in multiplayer mode. Gamers tend to use the party chat feature regularly. If you get a 0x89231806 error, follow the steps below.
Solution 1: Ensure your NAT type
First, you should confirm that the NAT type is set to open. There are 3 different Nat options available – Strict, Moderate, and Open. To use Party Chat, you need to set it as open.
To check your Nat,
- Visit the Settings option and click on All Settings.
- Select the Network option and then click on Network Settings.
- Try to locate the NAT option and set it as Open.
Solution 2: Enable energy-saving mode
Yes, it may have nothing to do with your network settings are blocking party chat error but according to many users, they have fixed it by doing so. Therefore, it is worth trying.
- Tap on the Menu button on your Xbox gaming controller.
- Visit the Settings tab and choose the Power & startup option.
- From the Power options panel, click on the Power mode.
- Tap on the A button on your gamepad.
- Finally, select the Energy Saving option that will turn it on.
This will reduce the power consumption when the console is turned off but it might run a bit slower.
Solution 3: Changing privacy settings
- Visit the Settings menu and click on the Privacy & Online Safety option.
- Next, choose the View details & customize option.
- There will be several options. Ensure that all of them are set to either Everybody/Allow.
In the next step, you need to clear the persistent storage files. They need to be removed in a specified manner or else they might cause issues.
- Click Settings and head over to the Disc & Blu-Ray option.
- Choose the Blu-Ray option.
- Finally, choose the Persistent storage button and click on the Clear persistent storage option.
As a part of troubleshooting network settings are blocking party chat, closing party chat, and starting it again may solve this error. Adding your player to your allowed list is another good idea.
Can’t Sign into Xbox Live 0
This is a very common error and one with multiple fixes. Either your profile has corrupt data or there is a problem with your account information. Either way, here are some method to fix this.
Solution 1: Clear system cache
- Tap on the Guide button on your Xbox Gamepad.
- Click on the Settings option and then choose the System Settings button.
- Either choose storage or memory.
- Select any one of the storage devices, and then press the Y button on your Xbox gamepad. (The storage device that you select is not important; the cache will be removed for all the storage devices.)
- Click on the Clear System Cache option.
- A prompt appears on the screen. Click on the Yes button.
Solution 2: Delete system data
- Click on the Guide button on your Xbox Gamepad.
- Visit the Settings panel and then head over to System Settings.
- Tap on Storage, and then choose your primary storage device.
- Choose the system Items option.
- Next, click on the Marketplace System Data option.
- Choose the Delete option.
- Finally, restart the device.
Solution 3: Troubleshoot Xbox 0x87DD0005
- Press the Guide button from the controller.
- Visit the Settings option and then tap on the System Settings option.
- Next, choose Storage.
- Highlight the Memory Unit option but do not select it.
- On your gamepad, enter the following buttons in the exact same order:
- Left bumper
- Right bumper
- X button
- Repeat the procedure once again.
- A message will be displayed on the screen. Click on the Yes button.
There exist many Xbox error codes out of which we have listed the most troubling ones only. With described stepwise solutions, you will be able to solve troubling errors. If you are getting an Xbox error that you can’t get rid of, just list it in the comment section and we’ll try to fix it.