As a Windows user, you might have faced a good deal of errors in your lifetime. The following article is about one such. In fact, one which shows the message “Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003”.
While being annoying, the error has a lot of disadvantages, not being able to play your favorite game being one of them. So, you definitely want to solve this issue if you have the bad luck of encountering it. Hence, we have written this article. Apart from the 5 solutions to fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003, we have also added some potential causes of the problem.
- 1 What is GeForce Experience?
- 2 Causes of GeForce Experience error code 0x0003
- 3 Fix Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003
What is GeForce Experience?
To put it simply, it is an app that works with the GeForce GTX graphics card. And it helps to keep your PC’s game-related needs at bay. It updates your drives to the latest versions, improves your game configurations, and lets you communicate with other fellow gamers.
Causes of GeForce Experience error code 0x0003
Users have reported the rise of the issue in several instances. After considering a lot of different scenarios, we have boiled down the possible reasons like the ones listed below.
- Nvidia Telemetry is not permitted to interact with the desktop – The issue occurs when the Nvidia Telemetry Container is not allowed to interact with your desktop.
- Some compulsory Nvidia Services are not running – When some of the services that need to run are disabled the error might arise as well.
- Corruption of Nvidia driver – If one or more drivers become corrupted due to interference from GPU.
- Glitching of Network adapter – This happens if the network adapter ever gets into a state of oblivion.
- GPU driver interfering with a Windows update – Sometimes the issue came into being right after a successful Windows update. This means that there was some kind of outside disturbance to the process. And that is where the GPU comes in.
Fix Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003
Solution 1: Start the Nvidia Telemetry container service
Seeing that a large number of the affected users got their error code 0x0003 GeForce experience resolved by using this method, there was no way that we couldn’t involve this one on the list.
- Use the Windows Search bar to look for Run.
- Open the app from the search results. Alternatively, you can press the Windows key and R key on our computer to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type “services.msc” in the space provided and choose OK.
- This will open the Services window. If a UAC (User Account Control) prompt appears press Yes so it can run as administrator.
- Once you reach the Services window, start looking for Nvidia Telemetry Container from the list of services.
- Right-click on it and then select the properties option.
- Go to the Log On tab.
- Be certain that the box for Allow service to interact with the desktop.
- Choose the Apply changes option to save.
- Once you are done with that, go back to the Services Window.
- From the list of services locate the services listed below:
Nvidia Display Service Nvidia Local System Container Nvidia Network Service Container
Now you need to ensure that each of these is running. For that, you need to right-click on it and then choose Start. Once you are done with these steps and the service has been enabled see if your issue has been fixed.
Solution 2: Reinstall every Nvidia Component
If the above trick did not do it for you, then you might try this one to fix GeForce experience error code 0x0003. Many users got the error fixed only after they reinstalled GeForce Experience and all of Nvidia’s drivers.
- Place the cursor on the Windows Search bar. Type in Run and then hit Enter.
- From the search results, open the app.
- Alternatively, you can press the Windows key and R key on your keyboard simultaneously to open the Run dialogue box.
- In the space provided type in “appwiz.cpl” and then choose OK or hit Enter key.
- Now the Programs and Features window will appear.
- Choose the Publisher option so as to order all installed applications by publisher.
- Keep an eye out for the items on the list that come with Nvidia in their name. Now, right-click on each one of them and then click on Uninstall.
- Keep doing the step above until you have uninstalled every item associated with Nvidia.
- Next, you have to restart your PC and wait until the start-up sequence ends.
- When the next system startup appears, go to the link below and then hit the Download Now option. After that’s done, follow the instructions on the screen. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/
- After completion of the installation process, the software will install the missing drivers on its own.
- Once that is all sorted, Restart your computer and check if the issue has been fixed.
Solution 3: Reset the Network Adapter
Sometimes, the Nvidia error 0x0003 was fixed only after the user reset his network adapter’s software. Just returning to the default configuration might save you a world of trouble. So surely try this method.
- Just like in the above cases, use the Windows Search bar to look for the Run app. And then open it. (Windows+R can do the same thing as well.)
- In the allotted space, type in cmd.
- Instead of hitting Enter, use the Ctrl + Shift + Enter combo so that the Command Prompt can run in an elevated form.
- You will be prompted by UAC (User Account Control). Just choose Yes so that it can run as an administrator.
- Once the command prompt appears, type “netsh Winsock reset” in the command and press Enter. This will reset your network adapter driver.
- After wrapping that up, proceed to Restart your computer.
- Now check if the GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 issue has been fixed.
Solution 4: Install the latest Graphics driver manually
If you are going to try this method then it means that the issue is probably a corrupted graphics driver. To get out of this messy situation, you are gonna have to reinstall the driver manually.
- Once again go to the Windows Search bar. Now type in Run and hit Enter.
- Open the Run app from the search results. (You can also press the Windows and R key on your keyboard simultaneously to open the Run dialogue box. )
- In the space against Open, type in “appwiz.cpl” and then choose OK or hit Enter.
- The Programs and Features screen will pop up. From the list, find all the installations associated with Nvidia.
- Now right-click and choose the Uninstall option for each and every one of those installations, so that you can remove all the drivers related to your GPU.
- You will be faced with some on-screen instructions. Follow them to remove the driver.
- When you are finished with uninstalling all the Nvidia-related products, Restart your computer.
- On the next computer startup, go to https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- First, fill in your GPU model, series, OS version, and language. Secondly, choose the Search option so that you can find the newest version of the driver as per the GPU details you entered.
- Download the required file to get rid of NVIDIA Experience error code 0x0003.
- After finishing the downloading option, install the latest driver. You will surely get the on-screen instructions to do it.
You can always update Nvidia drivers from the device manager directly as depicted below.
Solution 5: Create a new user account
If none of the above-mentioned solutions is working for you, here is your last fix to solve GeForce Experience error code 0x0003. As a part of this fix, proceed to delete every application on your PC related to Nvidia. Following that, create a new user account and give it administrative privileges.
The above article provides you with a lot of ways to deal with error code 0x0003. Therefore, if you are currently troubled by it, you know how to solve it. So go ahead and try out what you have just tried.