OnePlus is one of the best mobile manufactures which is known for high end smartphones at affordable prices. OnePlus 3T is the latest addition to OnePlus family and it is successor to OnePlus 3 which is considered as flagship killer. The smartphone comes with a 5.5-inch display screen which will deliver resolution of 1080 X 1920 pixels.
The Snapdragon 821 chipset processor ensures that one gets the best performance while gaming and swift multi-tasking. 6 GB RAM adds to better user experience. Now we know that in order to increase performance of any Android device we have to root it and you would be happy to know that now you can root OnePlus 3T also.
Once you have successfully root OnePlus 3T you will be able to install Custom ROM’s on your device and also increase its performance. Rooting this smartphone is very easy as all you have to do is follow the step by step guide shared below.
You need to fulfil few requirements before you start the process to root your device.
- OnePlus 3T should have sufficient charge. Use the Dash Charge technology and make sure that you are with atleast 70% battery.
- Enable USB debugging by opening Settings of your Phone and then going to Developer Options. Tap on USB debugging to enable it.
- Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools on your laptop/PC.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your mobile phone.
Download the below-mentioned files which will help you to root OnePlus 3T.
Guide to root OnePlus 3T
Once you are with all the required files, you can start following the process to root OnePlus 3T. Detailed instructions are provided below for your ease.
- Connect your mobile phone with your laptop/PC and copy both DM-verity and SuperSU in internal storage of your phone.
- Enter Recovery mode of your mobile phone. When you have reached recovery mode you will see many options there with one being Install Tap on Install option.
- Now you have to first of all locate dm-verity file and flash it. To flash the file, swipe right and confirm. The next file which you have to flash is SuperSU. Locate the file on your mobile phone and then flash it by right swiping it.
- Once you have flashed both the files on your smartphone, return to Recovery menu and select Reboot system now.
Once rebooting process is complete you will see that SuperSU is installed on your device which means that you have successfully root OnePlus 3T.