How did VBS:Malware-gen get on my Computer?
The VBS: Malware-gen can enter into your computer in different ways. Some of the common methods of VBS:Malware-gen mac infection include below:
- External media, such as pen drive, DVD and memory card already infected with VBS:Malware-gen.
- Programs posing as fake virus removal tools.
- Infected email attachments.
- Downloads from questionable websites.
- Fake updates that trick you installing them.
- Infected documents circulating on P2P (peer-to-peer) file-sharing networks, torrent sites, and IRC channels.
What Can Trojans Like VBS:Malware-gen Do?
Trojans like avast VBS:Malware-gen can affect your PC or Laptop in different ways. We have mentioned some of the common behavior of virus-like VBS Malware-gen below:
- Download and install other malware.
- Blue screen errors in Windows.
- Use your computer for click fraud.
- Unexpected operating system error messages.
- Record your keystrokes and the sites you visit.
- Sluggish computer performance.
- Send information about your PC, including usernames and browsing history, to a remote malicious hacker.
- Give a remote malicious hacker access to your PC.
- Programs stop responding and show “Not Responding” error messages.
- Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
- New files getting created at the root-level of a hard drive.
- Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
- Uninstall your anti-virus program.
- Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
We have given some of the possible malicious attacks by VBS Malware-gen. There can be more dangerous behavior of this type of trojan is possible. So, We should remove VBS:Malware-gen avast as soon as possible from our system.
How To Remove VBS:Malware-gen Virus?
We will show you how you can remove VBS: Malware-gen trojan permanently from your device. So, Follow the process step by step.
End Running Malware Processes
- Press “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “Escape” to open the Task Manager.
- Click the “Processes” tab of the Task Manager (If it’s not opened by default).
- Click the “Show Processes From All Users” button.
- Find and right-click on “VBS:Malware-gen” (under “Image Name”) and select “End Process”.
- Close the Task Manager.
Delete Malware Registry Entries
- Open the “Start” menu and type “regedit” in search box and press “Enter” or press “Windows+R” and in the run type “regedit” and press “Enter”. The Registry Editor will open.
- Right-click on “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VBS:Malware-gen” (located in the left pane of the Registry Editor) and select “Delete”.
- Close the Registry Editor.
Delete Malware Files
- Open the “Start” menu and type “VBS:Malware-gen” in search box and press “Enter”.
- Delete all the files that you can see in the “Search Result” containing the name “VBS:Malware-gen.” There can be the files with different extensions, such as VBS:Malware-gen.exe or VBS:Malware-gen.dll. Don’t worry. Delete these files with right-click on it and select “Delete”.
- Restart your computer or laptop.
Voila! You have successfully removed VBS Malware gen virus from your system. If you are still experiencing issues with the VBS:Malware-gen adware then we have to reset the browser in which you are facing an issue.
Reset Browser To Default Settings
We suggest you to do this step only if you are experiencing an issue with your browser otherwise it’s not necessary. So, Reset the browser to default in which the issue persists. You might need to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed your settings without your knowledge. Don’t worry, your saved passwords and bookmarks won’t be cleared or changed. We will show you steps to reset google chrome to default settings.
- Open Google Chrome.
- At the top right, click on “More” (represented by the three dots) and then “Settings”.
- At the bottom, click on “Show advanced settings”.
- Under the section “Reset settings”, click on “Reset settings” button.
- In the dialog box that appears, click on “Reset”.
That’s it! You have successfully cleared VBS:Malware-gen adware from your system. Now you can check your system if any malware is causing a problem or not. If you are still experiencing problems while trying to remove VBS Malware-gen chrome from your device, then install good Anti-Malware.
If you have any query regarding this then feel free to comment below. We will respond you as soon as possible.